Funding for Millennium Campus Conference (MCC)
Seeking: two U.S. youth to represent Plan International USA and Plan’s youth programs during a weekend-long youth conference on global development issues at Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL.
Event Description: The sixth annual Millennium Campus Conference (MCC) will take place Friday, October 10 through Sunday, October 12, 2014. Student leaders from around the world will gather to discuss international development, ending extreme poverty and achieving the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). At the conclusion of the weekend, a policy paper regarding youth perspectives on post-2015 global development will be presented to high level officials at the United Nations, U.S. State Department, and USAID (U.S. Agency for International Development).
This application is for funding only.
- You must apply separately to attend the conference with the Millennium Campus Network.
- You are eligible to receive funding only if you are accepted to attend the conference.
- Funding will be made available to two qualified applicants.
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate student at a U.S. university or college
- Has been involved with Plan for at least 6 months and has enough experience to speak comfortably about Plan’s work and youth programming
- Has an understanding of the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Has clear idea of what representing Plan and being a YUGA youth leader means
- Has been accepted to attend the Millennium Campus Conference
- Is available and has permission to travel to Florida from October 10 – 12, 2014
- Is willing to network with other young people and build connections at the conference
- Is willing to share what you learn at the conference with Plan staff, YUGA chapters, and the YUGA Summit participants
- Must write a blog post for Plan within 1 week of returning from the conference
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no adult chaperone from Plan at this event. You will need to travel to Florida alone and you will stay in a hotel room with other conference participants.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the Millennium Campus Conference. Apply as soon as possible. Please review all the requirements for attending the conference at http://www.mcc2014.org.
Applications for funding are due by September 1, 2014.